Friday, September 24, 2010

Blogging and Simple Living...?


I find blogging very relaxing and I love going to other blogs and seeing creativity overflowing.  I wish I had more time to devote to blogging, but I am in the middle of living my life, hahaha!  It's kind of a theme I've been seeing all over the blog world lately.  People are taking a hiatus and letting their blogs wait for them until they can catch up with themselves.  I am stunned at how much energy people can put into their blogs--they have beautiful sites and I just wonder where they find the time???  I have four kids in three different levels of school and I just am exhausted by the end of the night.  I love going to blogs where older and wiser and gentler ladies give wonderful advice about slowing down and living simply.  As much as I love the outlet of blogging, sometimes it just doesn't fit into a simple lifestyle!!!!  I guess it comes down to what stage of life you're in and what your priorities are.  I truly admire those of you out there who can "do it all."  I'm just not one of those people!

I truly believe it's priorities that lead us to a simpler lifestyle.  I think that personality may come into play as well.  I'm the type of person that can live in the middle of nowhere and be perfectly happy.  I have friends who cannot function unless they are on the phone with someone or must be in the presence of other people constantly.  I don't think those kinds of people blog, LOL!  And that's ok because we're all different and have different needs.  To me, simplicity is a calm, quiet life where I can hear myself think and not have the pull of a thousand different functions to go to.  I can say "no" and not feel any guilt over it.  I focus on my family and make sure their needs are met, whether it's food, clothing, a hug or a kiss.  I try to take care of myself and read a good book and fit in exercise where I can.  Simplicity can mean so many things to so many different people.  How do you define it???  Is it hard for you to blog while you're trying to maintain your life? 
I'd love to hear your thoughts...

1 comment:

  1. This is a powerful topic that really resonates with many people. I was certainly touched. Thanks so much for posting. I look forward to learning more.

    ~~Allow me to share with you a newly released healing recovery book for those seeking a simpler life: "Little Gifts of Sustainable Contentment." Check it out, (look inside for free), read it, then please pass it on to others you care about...or add to your personal library... http://www.sustainablecontentment.com Amazon reviews:

    "This lovely book is a treasure and would make an ideal gift for anyone whose spirit yearns for peace." ~~ C.J.S. (Raleigh, NC)

    "The book is timeless." ~~ C.S. (Socorro, NM)

    "Daily messages include a welcome and astute abundance of metaphor and poetry, so that the vocabulary for our inner conversation towards contentment and evolution is greatly enriched." ~~ R.R. (West Chester, PA)

    "Filled with pearls of insight and wisdom... a great gift book for anyone experiencing transition (graduations, recovery, losses, new challenges)." ~~ S.K.H. (Parker, CO)

    "That perfect touch of spirituality, inspiration and motivation that I need daily." ~~ T.M. (Toronto, ON, CAN)

    "Uplifting and encouraging. If you are looking for a way to change and appreciate all the aspects of your life then this book is a must have." ~~ A.E. (Ireland)

    ReplyDelete