Friday, March 18, 2011

Stretching the Food Budget Friday

Fast Food at My House

Are you ever in a pinch and need to make something fast without having to go to a fast food joint???  With four kids and many different schedules, my instinct is to get something quick.  However, the budget is too thin to be going out all the time.  Another problem I have is that I make everything from scratch and sometimes meals take a while to put together.  Things are frozen in bulk and time is of the essence.

So, what do I do?  Well, a little planning never hurt anyone!  Add a bit of creativity and you have yourself a meal!  One of my easy go-to quick meals is bread pizza.  I got a nice loaf of sourdough bread on the clearance rack.  I use my homemade sauce and top with cheese and I throw it in the oven for a few minutes and boom, quick meal with great results. 


I also made a second batch in which I put some leftover sausage.  I have a stash of cut-up green peppers in the freezer which I bought on sale during the summer for such a time as this.  A little bit of pepper goes a long way!  I added the cheese and crushed red peppers and my husband was very happy with it!!!  He eats late at night due to his work shift so this is also a quick dish to reheat. 



This also is a super-cheap meal idea...we have been in a bind lately financially so this was quite delicious and very affordable.  Who doesn't like pizza?

Hope you have a great week...we are going into Spring Break now, hallelujah!!!!  We have lots of cleaning to do and fun projects.  Lots of posts to come!  Blessings to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment